The inaugural The Big Weekend multi-band event will span five venues in Chicago between October 4 – 6. Umphrey’s McGee, Lettuce, Emancipator Ensemble, Amy Helm, Leftover Salmon, The Motet, Papadosio, The Revolution, The Russ Liquid Test, Spafford and Sunsquabi will each perform as part of The Big Weekend 2018.
Lettuce kicks off the action at the Concord Music Hall on Thursday, October 4. Early shows scheduled for Friday, October 5 are Emancipator Ensemble with Papadosio at The Riviera Theatre, The Revolution at Park West and Spafford at the House Of Blues. In addition, The Motet will be joined by “special guests” for a late night concert at Concord Music Hall on Friday night.
Chicago’s own Umphrey’s McGee returns to the Aragon Ballroom on Saturday, October 6; while Leftover Salmon and Amy Helm perform at Park West. Options for late night on Saturday are Spafford at the House Of Blues and SunSquabi with The Russ Liquid Test at the Concord Music Hall. An announcement of the event mentions “afternoon surprises with artists are also in the works.”
Tickets for all shows as well as VIP options and travel packages go on sale this Friday, June 8 at 10 a.m. CT. Big Weekend VIP Experiences and travel packages will be available via CID Entertainment. Organizers of the event will donate $1 from each ticket sold to HeadCount. Head to TheBigWeekend.net for additional details.
The Big Weekend 2018 Concerts
Thursday, October 4
- Lettuce @ Concord Music Hall
Friday, October 5
- Emancipator Ensemble & Papadosio @ The Riviera Theatre (Early)
- The Revolution @ Park West (Early)
- Spafford @ House Of Blues (Early)
- The Motet & Special Guests @ Concord Music Hall (Late)
Saturday, October 6
- Umphrey’s McGee @ Aragon Ballroom (Early)
- Leftover Salmon & Amy Helm @ Park West (Early)
- Spafford @ House Of Blues (Late)
- SunSquabi & The Russ Liquid Test @ Concord Music Hall (Late)